Shiatsu is a Japanese form of therapeutic bodywork. Shiatsu translates as "finger pressure" and sometimes will be described as acupressure massage. It is based on the holistic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, where illness or pain is thought to result from imbalances or disharmonies in the natural flow of energy (also called qi) through-out the body.
I will apply finger and palm pressure as well as kneading and stretching techniques along meridian lines through-out the body to increase the flow of qi for a relaxing, balancing and rejuvenating experience.
Shiatsu is for everyone! Shiatsu is relaxing, energizing and restoring for the whole body. Shiatsu is great for someone that is just looking for personal health maintenance or for any one experiencing chronic pain, symptoms or illness. Shiatsu can have preventative or remedial effects depending on the goal of the session.
Some benefits of Shiatsu bodywork:
- Stress relief and relaxation
- Relieves muscular aches, pains and stiffness
- Helps with anxiety and depression
- Relieves menopausal symptoms
- Promotes digestive health
- Decreases insomnia
- Relieves neck and shoulder tension
- Increases range of motion and flexibility
- Helps relieve and prevent headaches
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves circulation
- Promotes overall well being